How to Prepare Your Home for Photography
How to Prepare Your Home for PhotographyJune 28th, 2020
My seller clients receive a professional staging consultation as part of their listing package. The staging consultant will provide a very detailed walk through of what needs to be done for the home to show its best and get the highest possible price. This includes furniture placement, what to keep, remove or add to make the home look its best.
After the staging consultation, it will be up to you to execute on the suggestions from the professional stager. However, once you’re ready for the photography session, here’s the final home preparation checklist.
Final Preparation for Photos Checklist
- Remove cars and trash cans from front of home.
- Make sure garage door is closed so photographer can begin shooting on time.
- Turn on every light.
- Open all window coverings
- Hide trash cans and hampers in every room
- Put toilet cover down
- Remove anything you don’t want in the photos – laundry, mail, brochure stands, dish towels, rugs
- Close closet doors
- Hide the pet toys, beds, dishes, litter boxes, etc.
- Remove any valuables you don’t want the public to see.
- Remove pool hose/sweeper, pool supplies, toys.
- Open patio umbrellas.
- Remove BBQ cover.
Contact me for more information on how to prepare your home for sale.